Homeowners with private well systems should always keep an eye out for anything unusual with their water. Wells feature a lot of moving parts, and if one piece stops functioning correctly, it can throw the entire system into disarray. This is especially true when it comes to your water pump.
Your well’s water pump is what allows water to flow to the right destination whenever a tap is turned on, and it works to prevent the water pressure from getting too high or too low. You might require professional water pump services if you notice any of the following signs in your home:
- Inconsistent pressure. If your shower feels like a pressure washer one day but a gentle rain shower the next, you should schedule water pump services to get the problem addressed.
- Decreased water pressure. If the water pressure is too low, it can make it difficult to cook, clean, or even fill a glass of water. Low water pressure could be caused due to an aging water pump, a clogged filter, or another issue with your pump.
- Strange sounds. You might need water pump services if you hear odd noises coming from your water pump or pipes. Grinding, rattling, and squeaking sounds can signify various mechanical problems.
- Increased energy bills. If your water usage hasn’t changed but your bills are skyrocketing, there could be a problem with your water pump or some other component of your well system. In some cases, replacing your pump with an upgraded model can be the best solution.
- Change in water quality. Water pump services are highly recommended if you can notice changes in the way your water looks or tastes. Cloudy, dirty, or smelly water shouldn’t be consumed, and you should contact us as soon as possible to schedule service.